I love garlic, who doesn’t? Lucky us, garlic is now in season here in Ontario and just about every veggie and fruit stand, small farm stand and farmer’s market vendor has fresh garlic on hand.
The one garlic thing that I always love to have on hand is garlic butter. You can always find a use for it and it’s so simple to prepare!
What you’ll need:
3 heads of garlic
1 cup of butter (room temperature and cut into cubes)
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the bottom off of each of the garlic heads.
- Brush the olive onto each of garlic heads
- Place the garlic in the oven for 1.5 hours
- Let the garlic cool for about 5 min
- Once you take the garlic out, squeeze out the cloves into a small food processor, add the butter and blend until smooth
- Put in a sealed container and store in the fridge… but not before you butter at least one piece of toast with it and enjoy 🙂
That’s it! It should last in the fridge for a good month… but it never does 😉